Amsterdam Part II

July 23rd, 2016

Day 2

Today we woke up early to go to the Anne Frank Museum, which was the most touching experience I’ve ever had. I teared up, just seeing how Anne Frank lived, how they fit all that furniture, and lived behind that bookcase. Her story is just the most touching pieces of literature. She had her dream come true, of being an author even if she didn’t get to survive to tell it herself, she still told her story.

Afterwards, we had free time before our canal cruise, which I took the liberty to do a little shopping before we took a pregame adventure to an ice bar. My first time at an ICE BAR! We entered a bar area, to wait to go inside the ice bar. As we waited we were able to sit down and have a drink for a little while. Once we got inside, we put on jackets and gloves that they provided and were led to the ice room. As soon as we walked in we could see our breath in the air, and ice all over the bar, and walls. We took 2 shots, to warm up and took a million pictures… After what seems like a very long time, we finally left, and joined the group.

As we rushed to the Canal cruise, we arrived to find 15 + bottles of wine, a trunk full of beer (Heineken) and a ton of snacks provided by our sweet Italian tour director. After hours of going through the canals and drinking a lot might I add, we were all pretty drunk and ready to dance. As we ended the night at the Canal cruise, a very small group of us went to the bathroom which we had to purchase a space brownie in order to use them. Which could either be pot or shrooms, I’m not 100% sure. However on the package said, not to have the entire brownie because it takes about 1-2 hours for it to hit.

Unknowing where the rest of the group went, we decided to go to the Euro Pride Concert, which we bumped our way to FRONT ROW. We danced, screamed and tried to sing along to music we either didn’t know, or were in a different language. At one point one of the girls, started bleeding from scratching a bug bite, but seeing that she was paranoid and slightly drunk like the rest of us. She decided to leave with a part of the group we found in the crowd.

And then there was TWO! Her and I decided to party in the Red Light District, after the concert. Yet, we didn’t know how to get there but that was the task. Eventually we arrived, after asking random people on the streets for directions. We decided to go to a peep show where some chick was in the center of a rotating circular stage, where you can actually see the other customers in the other rooms, it was an interesting experience to say the least. As we left the peep show, I felt a hand on my waist in the middle of a crowd, thinking it was just someone who wanted to pass, I moved away.

However, it was a man who kept stalking her and I, he was a middle eastern man in a leather jacket. Luckily even though we were both buzzed, we noticed that he was trying to remember our names and ages, when we introduced ourselves to a couple of guys standing outside of the bar. We booked it to a bike taxi, where this gorgeous man got us to our hostel safely so we generously took our space brownie and split it three ways.

We arrived at the hostel, where we met a couple of cute Irishmen. We talked for hours, and laughed, making fun of their accents (which were sexy, might I add) It was pretty funny to exchange stories, when it comes to slangs that are offensive to them, and offensive to us. Them saying “cunt” was the funniest thing. They also introduced us to Buckfast, Tonic Wine. Which was actually pretty good, I wish they had it here. We stayed up until 4am, which was the worst, because we had to be up at 6am to get on the bus to Paris! But I headed straight to bed without changing….

And off to Paris we go!